How do you like to celebrate fall? Do you don your favorite sweater and eat hot cider donuts at the pumpkin patch? Do you take a leisurely hike through the foliage covered Blue Ridge Mountains? Do you secretly wish to take a goat home with you every time you stop by a petting zoo (it’s okay- I won’t judge)?
However you enjoy the season- I’ve got you covered with a variety of thrilling ways to partake in the autumn festivities and relish in the stunning fall foliage!
Pumpkins & Petting Zoos
It’s hard to think about fall without thinking about pumpkin patches, petting zoos, and hayrack rides. These picks are prime spots for finding your perfect jack-o-lantern or befriending a farm animal or two!
- Cullipher Farm, Pungo, VA
- Hunt Club Farm, Virginia Beach, VA
- Brothers Farm Market , Elizabeth City, NC
- Hickory Ridge Farm, Chesapeake, VA
- Bluebird Gap Farm, Hampton, VA
- Bergy’s Barnyard, Chesapeake, VA
Take Hikes & See the Sights
Looking to get a little more immersed in nature? These hikes and landmarks have absolutely stunning fall views perfect for taking in the changing of the leaves!
- Natural Bridge State Park, Natural Bridge, VA
- Dragon’s Tooth, Roanoke, VA
- First Landing State Park, Virginia Beach, VA
- Hanging Rock , Danbury, NC
- Pilot Mountain, Pilot Mountain, NC
- Virginia Living Museum Boardwalk Trail, Newport News, VA
- Noland Trail, Newport News, VA
Wineries, Breweries, & Ciders
Fall is prime time to get outside and relax with a glass or mug of your favorite fall beverage! Check out these fan favorite spots nestled in gorgeous scenery.
- Carter Mountain Orchard, Charlottesville, VA
- Back Bay Farmhouse, Virginia Beach, VA
- Hampton Roads Winery, Elberon, VA
- Summerwind Vineyard, Smithfield, VA
- Saude Creek Vineyards, Lanexa, VA
- New Kent Winery, New Kent, VA
Enjoy an Exciting Fall Adventure
Change up your fall festivity routine and check out these unique, heart-pumping ways to take in the seasonal foliage!
- Carolina Balloon Festival, Statesville, NC
- Great Smokey Mountain Railroad , Bryson City, NC
Whether you’re admiring the fall landscape from a train, or you’d rather opt for a cozy moment in the country with a glass of wine or cider, I hope you and your loved ones are able to enjoy all of the exciting experiences that autumn has to offer!